Pages

Friday 12 August 2011

What is Cosmopolitan Stupidity?

Disclaimer:
The Cosmopolitan that I am talking about is definitely different from the gossip magazine Cosmopolitan.
This is the inaugural first post and so I am forced to write about what this blog is all about and what it's not going to be about?
 As per Dictionary meaning of the word "Cosmopolitan":


cosmopolitan /ˌkɒzməˈpɒlɪt(ə)n/ 

adjective
  • 1 familiar with or representative of many different countries and cultures.
    ■ having an exciting and glamorous character associated with travel and a mixture of cultures.
  • 2 (of a plant or animal) found all over the world.
noun
  • 1 a cosmopolitan person, plant, or animal.
  • 2 a cocktail made with Cointreau, lemon vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice.

By and large, this isn't going to enlighten you about my forthcoming scribbling. So, just to be on safer (Is that even a word in my vocabulary?) side, I'll say that I intend to address all aspects, meaning and variations of this word henceforth.

'We' refers to a general youth tendency that I have been exposed to and on which I base my observations, inference, prognosis. And so, these observations are bound to be of critical nature and are open to criticism. Criticism are truly welcomed because it's no fun when you don't know how the world is on the other side of the hedge?
My tryst with over 8 schools, graduation college, buddies, cosmopolitan city lifestyle, cosmo culture, dudes, dudettes, youth, athletes, professionals, parties, mess ups, screw ups, fights has been crazy enough to document all this shit. and before you reach off-the-record judgments  let me say it again, it's a "documentation". A documentation of not a star studded perfect life but off beat, abnormal (not extraordinary) life of youth. It's not about a boy or girl but it's about the real secretive us with innate vulnerabilities, insecurities, complexities that we never admit to face. Last but not the least, All the characters, names, instances, creatures in this may or may not be imaginary because I don't hold any guarantee to it. Perspectives can be equivocally interesting or boring. 
 I guess that's enough Blah! to help you figure that there is a lot of Stupid Shit about to hit the fan. So, go run for your life. In case, you have endured this far in reading this scribbling (LOL!) and intend to share your side of the story, criticism, opinion etc...YOU are welcomed on this 'cheap' easy access space.

No comments:

Post a Comment